Wednesday, 8 January 2014

Elegant Underwear Mania

I have recently found myself with a slight mania like obsession and urge to buy of fancy undergarments. Some would say this is due to me now having acquired a boyfriend in the previous months but for me I've always had an obsession with fancy burlesque, pinup slightly bondage-esque as well as weird and of course sexy underwear. I would wear it out to clubs, you know of course hidden underneath my party outfit and they would make me feel more confident and more in a party mood even though anyone else would never get to see them. Maybe almost especially because nobody got to see them, they would be my own little fancy secret.


And when I talk about fancy and hot underwear I do not mean supertiny bikinis that cover less then the average postage stamp, but I prefer slightly more mystery then that. But of course if stamp mini thongs is your thing, go for it ^^.

I nowadays sometimes have the issue of having too many fancy undergarments and not enough for everyday use. You know how people say they always wear their old grannie panties during wash day, for me it would be the opposite, wearing that silky lacy thong for laundry day underneath my comfy pants, always felt a bit off. Yes I am surely stuck with a wardrobe of lacy, see trough, ruffley and satin additions.

Where to acquire them:
  • Online - There are tons of great shops for these kind of things online, of course sometimes trying them on to see if they have the right fit would be preferable, but this is not always allowed in ordinary stores either. Look for stores with a return policy and especially investigate what is the rule for underwear. But the pros with online shopping is you can find almost anything, undergarments you never even thought possible or thought could exists, or things that speak to your special nerd interests, sailor moon panties, bat thongs or really anything you can imagine. Online shopping can also be relatively cheap, just watch out for those taxes on big orders from other countries.
  • Retail stores - This might be a slightly more expensive alternative but somehow also the easiest and the most reassuring, you can feel materials and investigate the object in question. Trying on is not always allowed - If you are trying them on put them over your already worn garments. Be on the lookout for sales especially after Christmas I've found  tons of interesting and super cheap things at retail stores. I think the Christmas sales is extra interesting is because fancy underwear is supposedly a popular Christmas present to give and after Christmas they want to get rid of those raunchy items that don't sell well during other seasons. Also on that note is fancy underpants for your girlfriend a present for you or for her? - Now discuss! (If it was me I would love it)... I think I will look into the stores after Valentines day this year as well, might be a good though.
  • Second hand shops - Ok, ok stay with me for this one. Yes buying used underwear could be considered creepy I get that. But with second hand shops it's always a judgement call, in the end a lot of the undergarments I've found there are unused, with tags even. You know that fancy pantie that never had it's shining moment, unwanted gifts from significant others etc etc. So though you might feel embarrassed to rummage trough the underwear section at second hand shops I say, feel no shame. Carefully look trough the items before purchasing, are they in brand new condition, have they ever been worn etc etc. I've found wonderful vintage, burlesque and expensive brand underwear this way, many of them unused with labels or even in unopened boxes.
  • DIY - The last and never ending option is of course DIY, and when I say DIY I don't only mean making them yourself from scratch because I do agree that this can be tricky, time consuming and end up in a non comfortable garment, but for you handy people for all means go for it! No but I am also talking about buying undergarments and adding things to make them more interesting, a plain cotton undergarment can look much snazzier with a few bows, some lace, printed bats or you know anything you fancy on them. Just be careful to not use scratchy material that will itch and you might need to hand sew some parts if it's too tricky to use the sewing machine.
Some tips:
  • Washing - Be careful, use one of those fabric bags and be sure to use a gentle washing regime. Nothing sucks more then finding your new fancypants shredded after the first wash.Though of course we all want to wash underwear thoroughly so it might be an idea to acquaint yourself with the washing instructions before buying, if they are too complicated you might not want to bother buying them
  • Be observation of current trends, and especially a while after said trend - when it all ends up in the sale section. For me the best examples is the current 50 Shades of Grey trend, I never read the book and I am not really interested in doing so either but I can appreciate a slightly lacier section of underwear inspired bu this book - HM is having a special line in honor of the book now.
  • Don't wear them for anyone else then yourself, unless you know it's a special occasion or something for your significant other and you're making that the present and to be honest you're not really supposed to be "wearing" them anyway (If you know what I mean). You should always feel comfortable and happy in what you wear and in most cases your significant other won't even care what you wear. I totally feel like my boyfriend doesn't really care one or the other way, god dammit, I'm wasting my fanciness on him ^^ (nah).
- Do wants -


- Do want just because this are to god damn awesome not to want - 

--------



I ordered these today, not superfancylicious but I will tweak them a bit, I am looking forward to lounging about in that lacy top though. The double fabric in the bust will make it nice to use without a bra, for example for comfortable fancy sleeping over at my boyfriends for example. The hipsterpanties will most likely be modifed with a little silver skulls or cute tiny velvet bows or something. I snagged them at an online sale at ellos.se, as is my practice ;).


No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
Sweden
Hello there all, my name is Matilda, I am an Ecology Master student that loves making things and spending time in nature.