Sunday, 12 January 2014

Bat cookies!!

Made some awesome and supertasty bat cookies today with my friends!




We used this recipe:

1 1/2 cups butter, softened
2 cups white sugar 
4 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5 cups all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
 
Directions
  1. In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until smooth. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in the flour, baking powder, and salt. Cover, and chill dough for at least one hour (or overnight).
  2. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Roll out dough on floured surface 1/4 to 1/2 inch thick. Cut into shapes with any cookie cutter. Place cookies 1 inch apart on ungreased cookie sheets.
  3. Bake 6 to 8 minutes in preheated oven. Cool completely.
To get the cookies the black color we used one little bottle of black food dye in the dough, it's one of my personal favorites as you can imagine, we used it in the cream to my coffin birthday cake as well. The frosting was not made by any particular recipe,  just powdered sugar and a small amount of water as well as a tiny bottle of red food dye with a tiny splash of black in there to get some darkness into it and not make it all pink. We tried to find purple food dye at first but alas no luck.

Easy to make, finally got to use my bat cookie form and we had lots of fun. My friends are not really as obsessed with bats as I am but they do it for my sake and they enjoyed it too!


1 comment:

  1. This looks like a nice simple recipe, maybe I will try this one! I have new cookie cutters to try out, bats, and cats and things. Unfortunately the bat one I got ended up being about three times bigger than the cat! Oh well!

    I need to look around for black food dye, they don't have it at the supermarket.

    ReplyDelete

About Me

My Photo
Sweden
Hello there all, my name is Matilda, I am an Ecology Master student that loves making things and spending time in nature.