Thursday, 5 July 2012

Moving is on the horizon...

Moving is on the horizon, I have decided to clear up my closet (since I probably wont be able to keep everything anyway). And to summerize my different style directions I want to keep in it.

Yes I am a firm believer in "just wear whatever you want, don't think to much about labels" but I have many times found myself buying stuff that interest me in the stores and then I end up never wearing it.
Meaning that I like the clothes, but just as clothes, not as anything I actually feel comfortable in.

An example of this is my recent bend towards pastel accents in clothes. I was totally in love with a a lilac dress the other day and considered buying it. Then I went to town and got a pair of lilac stockings to quench some of my pastel urges.. And I ended up wearing them just once... And I didn't even feel that pretty/comfortable in them. So in the long run pastel is not for me, but I do apreciate how it looks on other people and in general.
Or for example that I have had a lot of skirts etc with great designs, but I never ended up wearing them because the fabrics was too plain. Black cotton that is ;P

Colours I shoulds keep in my closet:
  • Black (duh!)
  • Deep red.
  • Deep bue.
  • Deep green.
  • Deep purple.
  • Deep turqoise.
  • White - as accent, I rarely wear a lot of it.
  • Maybe a dab of grey.

Especially Avoid:
  • Pastel colours
  • Neon colours
  • Meh colours (too uninteresting)
  • Bright red... I just don't like how this one looks on me. 

I want my wardrobe to contain mainly of these fabrics:
  • Lace
  • Velvet
  • Mesh
  • Brocade
  • Pvc
  • Leather
  • Tulle
  • Satin
  • If cotton, text patterned, striped, dotted or otherwise a bit more "special"
  • Knitted net type 

1 comment:

  1. I am always interested to read posts about other people's wardrobes. It is interesting to see what they like and dislike. I think our colour likes are pretty similar. I love black, white, burgundy, crimson but not bright red, or at least, not near my face. Lace and velvet are the most beautiful materials and tulle makes fantastic skirts!

    ReplyDelete